baslinux - [BL] ftpd

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] ftpd
  • Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 01:07:28 +0000 (UTC)

We still have photos on the USB camera to get to a non-USB laptop computer. Today we are visiting someone with three Gateway computers - a desktop 486SX33 with no network card, a 350MHz desktop with no network card, and a 1.4MHz desktop with half-height slots and a network port. His neighbor's son saved it from recycling where he works, we got the floppy drive working (stuck piece of a disk in it) and the neighbor brought over a half-height modem and I downloaded wu-ftpd for Slackware 8.1 to floppy disk and will try XP ftp and linux ftpd.

The wu-ftpd program in Slackware 7.1 appears to be part of a larger package and to have some security problem.

Is there a small, non-secure, basic ftpd program I could use instead of this relatively large one, which has many unwanted features? Busybox appears not to have one.

The friend is afraid to put an ftp server on XP for security reasons.