baslinux - Re: [BL] ftpd

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ftpd
  • Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 20:19:37 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006, Matthew Cline wrote:

On 9/15/06, sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

Is there a small, non-secure, basic ftpd program I could use instead of
this relatively large one, which has many unwanted features? Busybox
appears not to have one.

Could you use an http server for the same purpose? You can download
files just like ftp. IIRC, busybox has a built-in httpd daemon.

I was going to try this (though I really want the files to go in the other direction) but cannot establish the ethernet connection to XP.

HTH,

Matt