baslinux - Re: [BL] word wrap editor

  • From: "mikkel meinike" <mimeini AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] word wrap editor
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 12:49:10 +0200

On 9/14/06, 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org <3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org> wrote:

Did you try pico and/or nano? They do wordwrap.
pico is in Slackware 4.0. I think nano was in BL1.

I tried both. They do word wrap in a way that does not work very well
for my temper. They automatically sets a line break after say 78
characters. "AE" does it in an other way. It just shows the lines as
if they ware broken, but really it is one long line until you manually
sets a line break. This gives a working experience that is closer to
what you are use to from word processors like, word, word perfect,
abiword etc.

I don't see a link to a BL3 version (libc5) there.
If you do provide a BL3 version, I would be happy
to add you to the BL3 contribs page:
http://www.basiclinux.com.ru/contrib.html

I am glad you are asking this. I did not put it out. I don't feel sure
enough about how to make a good archive that others can easily
install, so it is the handshaking way, but I put out the tutorial how
to do it the "handshaking way". So I thought if some one was
interested I could just sent it in a e-mail. But now you are asking I
think I will put it out. As usual I am a bit slow so I let you know
when I am there.

/Mikkel