baslinux - Re: [BL] networking from BL3 to XP

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] networking from BL3 to XP
  • Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 16:22:30 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

Kernels? Are you saying the smbclient package does
not work with your kernel? That's news to me.

I thought you needed a kernel that could recognize NTFS
file system

No, smbclient works via samba and does not need to read
the NTFS directly. However, I don't recall which Windows
it works with. I tested it with Windows 95/98.

We have only run into XP and ME so far. If you have access to XP please check it with that.

Does anyone on the list happen to know how much RAM ME is supposed to take up before you run any programs? We have 100-200K free RAM right after booting, and it has one 64MB DIMM. Memtest crashes at 7% of the second test every time. This Gateway midget computer has a history of problems and the motherboard was replaced soon after purchase.