baslinux - Re: [BL] networking from BL3 to XP

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] networking from BL3 to XP
  • Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 07:36:57 +1200

sindi keesan wrote:

> I downloaded minihttpd.tar.gz for BL3 and pkg'ed it

Why? BL3 already has httpd built-in.

> > Don't forget BL3 has an smbclient package
>
> It may, but the kernels I have do not.

Kernels? Are you saying the smbclient package does
not work with your kernel? That's news to me.

> I hoped to transfer the other half of the photos to
> it first, via minihttpd

I don't know which minihttpd you are talking about, but I
assure you the httpd in BL3 works fine. I use it regularly
to upload files from my computer to the BL3 site. I run
httpd (from my local BL3 directory), ssh to the BL3 site,
and use wget on the temporary address assigned to me by my
dial-up ISP (I get the address from ifconfig). No problem
at all. Ever.