baslinux - Re: [BL] networking from BL3 to XP

  • From: Karolis Lyvens <karolisl AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] networking from BL3 to XP
  • Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 15:48:59 +0300

On Sun, Sep 03, 2006 at 03:12:57AM +0000, sindi keesan wrote:
> Windows is using all but 8MB of a 37GB disk - we will attempt to make a
> FAT16 or FAT32 partition in the 8MB using linux, and transfer files via
> that and network cable.
>
> Unless someone knows a way to trasnfer between XP and BL3 via network
> cable.

You could just tar them up and use netcat for transferring the
resulting tarball to Windows (netcat is included in BL3's busybox). A
quite detailed description of using netcat for file transfers is at
http://hacks.oreilly.com/pub/h/1058 . Netcat for Windows NT can be
downloaded from http://www.vulnwatch.org/netcat/

I think that's the easiest solution for transferring individual files
from BL3 to WinXP once you have them networked. Another way would be to
execute httpd at / directory in BL3.