baslinux - Re: [BL] xdmcp and ubuntu's gdm

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] xdmcp and ubuntu's gdm
  • Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 09:52:21 +1200

Karolis Lyvens wrote:

> > If you do "Xvesa -h", you will see that neither
> > the -query nor the -broadcast parameters are listed.
>
> Output from Xvesa -h:
> -x string loads named extension at init time
> -query host-name contact named host for XDMCP
> -broadcast broadcast for XDMCP
> -indirect host-name contact named host for indirect XDMCP
> -port port-num UDP port number to send messages to
> -from local-address specify the local address to connect from
> -once Terminate server after one session
> -class display-class specify display class to send in manage
> -displayID display-id manufacturer display ID for request

You are quite right. Those options are in the BL3 Xvesa.
I was replying to your message from BL2 (which has an older
version of Xvesa). I didn't realize until now that the BL3
version has extra parameters.

> <#>Xvesa -query
> Xserver: missing host name in command line

I'm really pleased that the -query parameter seems to be working
(just stick an address after it and you should be OK). A couple
of years ago I tried the earlier version of Xvesa with xdm and I
could not get the -query parameter to work. I must try it again
with the BL3 Xvesa.

Thanks for the heads-up.