baslinux - [BL] xdmcp and ubuntu's gdm

  • From: Maximilian Federle <max.federle AT googlemail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] xdmcp and ubuntu's gdm
  • Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 01:25:56 +0200

Hello!

Just today I found Basic Linux and it seemed perfectly suited for me.
I want to use a Toshiba Satellite Pro 420CDT as an xterminal (or
thinclient? I don't know ;) ). I own a PC with ubuntu dapper and I want
it to be the server. However I've configured ubuntu's gdm to enable
xdmcp and now I'm trying to connect bl's Xvesa to gdm with Xvesa -once
-query 192.168.2.40 which does not work (just displays an empty X Server
with a mouse cursor). The network works as I can ping the server with no
problem.

First question: is it possible to use xdmcp with Xvesa?
Second question: If yes, what could be wrong and how can I find out
what's the problem?
Third question: If no, what can I use instead?

I'm looking forward to reading from you.

Greetings,

Maximilian Federle