baslinux - Re: [BL] pilot-link problems

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] pilot-link problems
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 02:37:16 +0000 (UTC)

The standard 2.2.26 kernel does not have support for usb_serial as module
but it appeared to insert anyway along with visor (the module needed for
USB PDA connections). It does support usbcore and uhci.
Unable to bind to port.

This was not the kernel that I used. It does not have usb_serial support.

STEVEN:
I don't see USB anywhere in the 'big' kernel config, but I did find
usb_serial.o and visor.o in Steven's module collection. Does the 'big'
kernel support inserting modules that were compiled and posted by Steven?
I will try this one next.

I reread my own posting and it is the 'big' kernel that was 'Unable to bind to port.'

Let me know if USB_SERIAL and VISOR are actually supported as modules by this kernel.

If not, I will compile a USB built-in 2.4.31.