baslinux - Re: [BL] pilot-link problems

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] pilot-link problems
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 23:14:52 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006, John Beck wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:
1. I followed instructions to ./configure (no switches, default locations
of /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/lib), make, test in the build directory
(it all seemed to work there) and make install.

If I run pilot-xfer or other programs from /src/ they work, but it turns
out they are 4k temporary wrapper scripts that indicate where the
libraries are, probably for use in testing only. (Like the opera scripts
that let you run opera without actually installing it.)

You're saying that if you run the pilot-xfer from /src they work with
the usb pda? Can you send me the url to the software you're having
trouble with? I want to look at it. No promises though ;-)

They don't connect, but they at least don't complain about not finding the library libpisock. Source: http://keesan.lonestar.org/bl/pilot-link.0.9.3.tar.gz - 449K.
It compiled for me in BL2 with SW81 glibc and gcc. But not in uClibc.

The serial and USB PDAs work on our laptop Win98.