baslinux - Re: [BL] Configure printcap etc. for an Epson Stylus

  • From: Karolis Lyvens <karolisl AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Configure printcap etc. for an Epson Stylus
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 11:41:44 +0300

On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 09:00:45AM +1000, Ron Clarke wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 00:18:51 +0000 (UTC)
> sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
> I will keep up the search, but both Epson and HP have told me that
> "nobody" makes printers now that will print from DOS. They have been quite
> scornful of my questions, and my use of DOS.

I myself am happy with my Samsung ML-1250 (monochrome laser printer
i bought 2 years ago). It came with DOS, Win95-XP, Mac and Linux
drivers. I'm not sure if you can find it easily nowadays, but i guess
that compatibility with wide range of OSes is worth it.

http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Samsung-ML-1250