baslinux - Re: [BL] Timidity in BL3 (was: /dev/sequencer and external midi problem)

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Timidity in BL3 (was: /dev/sequencer and external midi problem)
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 20:48:00 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 4 Jul 2006 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

Ron Clarke wrote:

BTW: You will also need the SB16-BL3 package from the add-ons page.

That package is gone. It has been replaced by:
---------------------------------------
http://www.basiclinux.com.ru/sound.html
---------------------------------------

I found here modules for 2.2.26 kernel and instructions.
There is probably also a sox.tgz (?) package that can be used to play .wav format. I have posted playmidi for BL3, to play midis.

I thought the default for dma16 is not 0 but 5.
dma=1 dma16=5
It may be needed only to play mp3 files - not sure.

mpu_io may only be needed for external midi (electronic piano, etc.)

Someone please confirm.

To play midi with awe (on awe32 or awe64 or sb32) you need also to
insmod awe_wave

To play FM synthesized midi you need to
insmod opl3 io=0x388

playmidi -a - awe midis
playmidi -4 - OPL3 FM synth midis
playmidi -e - external midis if you have only ONE midi device (external, no awe or opl3 inserted) and also inserted v_midi.o, otherwise you will need to specify the device as -D0 or -D1 etc. If sb is the last module inserted, it will be -D0.