baslinux - Re: [BL] Harddrive will not boot

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Harddrive will not boot
  • Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 07:20:27 +1200

elmarsa dice wrote:

> > > -------------------
> > > mount /dev/fd0 /fd
> > > cd /fd
> > > md5sum zimage
> > > -------------------
> > > It should be: cfb9e7aeb5d3b286a718bc2d3ebbd062
>
> Did that and the number was the same as before so I
> must have downloaded the wrong language or something.

Ah, you must have an old version of BL3. The above
md5sum is for the latest version (3.40). If you are
using an earlier version, the md5sum will be different.
So your kernel is probably OK. Sorry I put you wrong.

That brings us back to lilo. Please tell me exactly
what it says on the screen when you run lilo -v
(I assume you are running lilo from *inside* BL3).
Also tell me exactly what is in your /etc/lilo.conf

> I am trying to teach myself linux and am struggling
> along. Your help is invaluable.

I'm sorry it's taking us so long to nail the problem.
BTW, I am on the other side of the world, so I am
sleeping when most of you guys are awake. Please
excuse the delay in answering your questions.