baslinux - Re: [BL] Harddrive will not boot

  • From: elmarsa dice <elmarsadice AT yahoo.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Harddrive will not boot
  • Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 13:56:22 -0700 (PDT)

Steven,

--- 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> elmarsa dice wrote:
> >
> > contents of lilo.conf
> >
> > boot=/dev/hda1
> > image=/boot/zimage
> > label=BL3
> > root=/dev/hda1
> > read-write
>
> That should be: boot=/dev/hda

That was not clear to me from the instructions re: lilo. I guess
because you point to hda1 in hd root=/dev/hda1 I assumed it should be
the same in lilo.

> The rest is OK (assuming you put BL3 on /dev/hda1).

[snip]

> Insert first floppy. Start computer.
> Press CTRL when LILO appears.
> Enter: hd root=/dev/hda1
> Wait for boot. Remove floppy.
> Edit /etc/lilo.conf to make boot=/dev/hda
> Execute: lilo -v
> Press CTRL-ALT-DEL (and cross your fingers).

That worked. You're a genius! Thanks again for your patience. I
will continue now to try putting more things on the system so you
might hear from me again.

> I hope that works.
>
> Cheers,
> Steven