baslinux - Re: [BL] Harddrive will not boot

  • From: elmarsa dice <elmarsadice AT yahoo.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Harddrive will not boot
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 09:06:26 -0700 (PDT)

--- 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> > -------------------
> > mount /dev/fd0 /fd
> > cd /fd
> > md5sum zimage
> > -------------------
> > It should be: cfb9e7aeb5d3b286a718bc2d3ebbd062

Did that and the number was the same as before so I must have
downloaded the wrong language or something. I went back to my
original download and made a new disk1 and checked it. The
number was consistent with the others not the one you gave
above. I will download it again and make a new disk and see
what happens. I have a vmlinuz image file and am wondering if
that will work.
By the way thank you so much for your help. I am trying to
teach myself linux and am struggling along. Your help is
invaluable.

> > If it is right, copy it from /fd to /boot
>
> Oops, I almost forgot -- once the new kernel
> is in /boot, execute: lilo -v
>
> Cheers,
> Steven

elmarsa