baslinux - Re: [BL] BL 3.4 DOS version with BZIMAGE in QEMU

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL 3.4 DOS version with BZIMAGE in QEMU
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 03:51:06 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

Can you post the hda image file for qemu at the BL3.40 site?

I did that two days ago.

And offer the URL to the qemu site

QEMU does not run on libc5 so it's not really a BL3
add-on. Besides 486s and low-end Pentiums (the BL3
target systems) aren't ideal platforms for QEMU.

QEMU may not be a BL3 add-on, but BL3 sounds like the ideal linux to download for use under QEMU on a Windows computer, so people can try out linux without having to repartition, or add a hard drive, or run it in a loop (which might not be possible in Win2000 or XP).

BL3 has advantages even on a faster computer - it takes up little space, boots quickly, is small enough to understand and learn from and download via dialup, fits on two floppy disks.

The other linux images at the qemu site were pretty large, several hundred megabytes each (unless I missed something smaller). I think even DSL was over 200MB.