baslinux - Re: [BL] BL 3.4 DOS version with BZIMAGE in QEMU

  • From: t.maiden AT att.net
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL 3.4 DOS version with BZIMAGE in QEMU
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 18:43:04 +0000

I found out the problem. I made these floppies on Dell desktops at the
community college where I take classes. These machines are old and get heavy
use. The disk2 floppies are bad (I made two sets of floppies) while the
disk1 floppies made with fdimage are ok. All the floppy disks were brand new
and passed a chkdsk test before I used them. I wrote a disk2 floppy on my
laptop with the plug-in USB floppy drive and it worked! I decided the
problem was the copy over to the floppy was because the disk1 img was ok and
also there have been problems with these Dell machine floppy drives ever
since I started taking classes 2 1/2 years ago. They plan to replace all
these old clunker desktop PCs in the near future...