baslinux - Re: [BL] pdf reader security update

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne AT earthlink.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] pdf reader security update
  • Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 15:09:20 +1000

Hi Sindi,

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 02:29:23 +0000 (UTC)
sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

> Does ghostscript offer the option of printing the bottom 1/2" of a page?

I don't think so.

> The printer can obviously print it, since if I print A4 pages they print
> right to the bottom (and there is even some that does not get printed
> because the page is longer than my paper) but letter size pages leave a
> 1/2" blank at the bottom instead of printing the last 1/2". I don't know
> if this is a default for ghostscript or for my HP laserjet 6 printer.

Remember that most printers leave a margin left/right/top/bottom on which
they cannot print because of their own geometry. I don't know about laserjet
printers, but I know the size of my deskjet's print area, and I have set it
accordingly for most of my printing.

Maybe you need to edit your laserjet.filter or whatever it is called, so
that it knows it has to print a whole letter-sized area.

Regards,
Ron

--
Ron Clarke