baslinux - Re: [BL] pdf reader security update

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] pdf reader security update
  • Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 02:29:23 +0000 (UTC)

Will gv let you crop the top 1/4" of a
page so as not to cut off the bottom 1/4"?

I don't know.

(My printer omits the bottom
1/2" of any page formatted in letter size pdf, but prints 'A4' off the
bottom of the page).

I have the same problem, but only with pages that have been set greater
than A4 - which is also the default for my printer, which may be a clue as to
how to fix it. Perhaps editing the printcap or deskjetfilter (in my case).

Does ghostscript offer the option of printing the bottom 1/2" of a page? The printer can obviously print it, since if I print A4 pages they print right to the bottom (and there is even some that does not get printed because the page is longer than my paper) but letter size pages leave a 1/2" blank at the bottom instead of printing the last 1/2". I don't know if this is a default for ghostscript or for my HP laserjet 6 printer.
The music from mutopiaproject.org gets chopped off at page bottom. They offer A4 or letter size pdf files. I might experiment with printing the same file as pnm.

Regards,
Ron

--
Ron Clarke