baslinux - Re: [BL] DSL question (was Re: slow upload speed)

  • From: "Sheldon Isaac" <SheldonIsaac AT MyRealBox.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] DSL question (was Re: slow upload speed)
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 15:15:43 -0500

On 29 Dec 2005 at 17:45, sindi keesan wrote:

> Have you tried the same setup with Steven's 2.2.26 kernel and Christof's
> sound package for BL3?

No, Sindi, but I will. Stupidly lost partitions where I'd stored downloads.
Do have Steven's 2.2.26 kernel, am downloading Christof's
sound package for BL3 now.

> Can you push a play button on the CD-ROM drive and get sound out?

Hm? Are you trying to clarify whether the CD-ROM drive can produce sound
from a CD?
It can.

And MP3 and .wav files as well CD audio plays fine in Win98. Looks as
though my SB16 card doesn't put out much through the line jack; I have to
up the Windows volume control and the actual volume controls on the
speakers to get good volume. But the speaker jacks give plenty of volume.

Thanks,
Sheldon
215-842-0863