baslinux - Re: [BL] DSL question

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] DSL question
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 19:41:03 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005, Sheldon Isaac wrote:

On 29 Dec 2005 at 17:45, sindi keesan wrote:
Have you tried the same setup with Steven's 2.2.26 kernel and Christof's
sound package for BL3?

Finally got that set up.

Cleared out C:\baslin, unzipped bl3-32.zip, copied Steven's 2.2.26 kernel
into that directory, and booted it with loadlin.
And did install-to-hd to /dev/hda8

Do you have the 2.2.26 modules that he also posted with the kernel?
You will need all the modules referred to by Christof except for soundlow.o (which 2.2.26 combined with some other module).

I am surprised if you were able to play sounds without them.

I think he included a script to insmod them all. You may need to fiddle with the irq and possible the io numbers. If you have DOS, you can get a DOS diagnostic program for SB16 at my website that will give you the io, irq and dma values (but you need more than this to make AWE work in linux)

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/diagnose.exe

And did pkg sb-bl3.tgz

And yes, I can play the welcome.wav that was in sb-bl3.tgz
But play quits with an error message if I try it on
C:\WINDOWS\MEDIA\TADA.WAV

Have not yet tried any more to get sound working in DSL.

Any tips will be very welcome.

Thanks,
Sheldon