baslinux - Re: [BL] interesting info for those with trident cards (possibly applies to others)

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] interesting info for those with trident cards (possibly applies to others)
  • Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 01:52:34 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

A Smartmedia to PCMCIA adaptor sold for $20
used on ebay, another for 16 pounds.

I got my CF to PCMCIA adaptor for $5
(and that included a 16mb CF card).

We got our CF to PCMCIA adaptor with 10MB CF card (that won't work in the camera, must be nonstandard) and a parport CF reader with DOS software for $5 total, locally, but SM to PCMCIA seem to be more expensive. CF USB card reader was $5.

These cards and adaptors would be handy for file transfers between laptops if you don't have a regular memory card.