baslinux - Re: [BL] Mutt BL2 and links.cfg, was Re: BL2 mutt (old and new) disabled mailz?

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Mutt BL2 and links.cfg, was Re: BL2 mutt (old and new) disabled mailz?
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 20:05:20 +0000 (UTC)

I have old mutt-bl2.tgz still installed on one computer and it does NOT work, though it appears to be sending mail (which stays in outbox). Nor does Steven's mail program work in conjunction with this version of Mutt.

James has the newer mutt-bl2.tgz (2MB) still posted. Steven's BL2 add-ons site gives me a message about no permission and also 404 not found.
If this is going to be permanent, could Steven please remove that link.

Before installing mutt-bl2.tgz you should make a backup copy of your links.cfg because it gets overwritten. And edit it to use mutt as the links mailer if 'writemail' no longer works. (It probably won't since mutt appears to break Steven's 'mail' script).

Lynx may need a different sendmail program (from SW7.1) to send mail.
It can be named something else to distinguish it from mutt's 'sendmail' script, which uses pmail.