baslinux - Re: [BL] Mutt BL2 and links.cfg, was Re: BL2 mutt (old and new) disabled mailz?

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Mutt BL2 and links.cfg, was Re: BL2 mutt (old and new) disabled mailz?
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 23:32:39 +0000 (UTC)

BL3 mutt works on the computer where BL2 mutt won't send mail (so it is probably not a hardware problem), but gives error messages when pmail tries to send mail from /root/Mail/_unsent:

reject all target addresses, abort it.

What might a 'target address' be? The To: address or smtp server?

This is if I put my email address in .pmailrc on the smtp line.
smtp smtp.X.X:keesan AT freeshell.org:password

If I subsitute the login (user name) for the ISP account (as for mailz):

reject return path.

I think the email address is the return path and needs a @ in it.

A google search found these error messages in the source code at a Chinese site.

After BL3 mutt (the older of the two versions) is installed in BL3, Steven's mail program no longer seems to work. I type mail, then 6, and something flashes by quickly (6-8 lines of message) then I get a screen with 0/0 80x24 at the top, H for help does not work, and I can Ctrl-C to exit. Maybe I just forgot how to use the program? Does anyone else have mutt coexisting with either of Steven's mail setups?

All the files in /root/Mail have the same md5sums on both computers.

Maybe something is leftover from the older mutt for BL2.