baslinux - Re: [BL] Mutt BL2 and links.cfg, was Re: BL2 mutt (old and new) disabled mailz?

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Mutt BL2 and links.cfg, was Re: BL2 mutt (old and new) disabled mailz?
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 00:17:09 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005, sindi keesan wrote:

I have old mutt-bl2.tgz still installed on one computer and it does NOT
work, though it appears to be sending mail (which stays in outbox). Nor
does Steven's mail program work in conjunction with this version of Mutt.

I think I had the older version of mutt-bl2 and Steven's mail program both working last year. Neither was working this past month, looked like mutt had sent but it had not (pmail was not working). I just dialed in with a friend's ISP, and changed /root/Mail/.user to the correct smtp line, and both mutt-bl2 (new version) and Steven's mail program now work.

So my ISP is sufficiently odd that it does not work with all mail programs. (Like my BBS won't work with microcom but another one will).

I doubt Steven wants to figure out how to make pmail work with my ISP.
I posted the error message earlier.

On the two computers where I had the older mutt bl2 and upgraded to the newer one, mu address just puts you into mutt, not the screen with the To: already entered. On a computer where I never had the older version, that part works. Any ideas why?

James has the newer mutt-bl2.tgz (2MB) still posted. Steven's BL2 add-ons
site gives me a message about no permission and also 404 not found.
If this is going to be permanent, could Steven please remove that link.

What he has posted there does not seem to be gzipped. I changed the name to mutt-bl2.tar and was able to untar it from / and it works.

Before installing mutt-bl2.tgz you should make a backup copy of your
links.cfg because it gets overwritten. And edit it to use mutt as the
links mailer if 'writemail' no longer works. (It probably won't since
mutt appears to break Steven's 'mail' script).

Lynx may need a different sendmail program (from SW7.1) to send mail.
It can be named something else to distinguish it from mutt's 'sendmail'
script, which uses pmail.