baslinux - [BL] BL2 mutt (old and new) disabled mailz?

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] BL2 mutt (old and new) disabled mailz?
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 18:10:42 +0000 (UTC)

I have mutt-bl2 (newer version) working on one computer, but Steven's mail program is NOT working there. The mutt package replaced sendmail with one that does not send from /root/mail/outbox, and must have changed something else as well because when I type mail
6 read and write messages

~/mail/inbox:0&

? for info works
c for compose puts me back to the menu (1-7).

On the other computer mutt was not working. It was apparently the older mutt bl2. I tried to removepkg it but it was not installed as a tgz package for slackware. I deleted /root/Mail/* because the two versions are set up different, but probably missed something else.

Both versions appear to use the same 'mutt' executable (the one that accidentaly got into the newer mutt BL3 package).

I tried to installpkg the newer one but it did not install. I copied it to / and unpackaged with tar -zxvf and it put itself into several directories. I edited something to add my From address and should probably edit some other . files in /root/Mail. I tried to send a mail and sendmail got stuck on the pmail -o ~/Mail/_unsent line and I will have to kill the process and figure out what other parts of the older mutt for BL2 need to be removed. (I need to untar it in some temporary place to see where it put files to be removed).

Now Steven's mail program is acting just like on the other computer where mutt works. Goes back to the menu instead of composing. Was some file used by mailz overwritten? What does mailz use besides /root/mail/* ?

If I try to use mailz by typing mailz directly:
0 message folders loaded; total 0 messages, 0 unread
&

If I then type c to compose a message

Dec 13 10:23:59 memo_open: Cannot open address memo. [(null)]
Segmentation fault.

I have a working 'mail' (mailz) in the ramdisk BL2.

Steven and maybe Christof, can you look at this problem please?
I would like to be able to use both mail programs in BL2.
(I will try to at least get mutt working on this computer where I overwrote the old with the new version of it).

The newer Mutt bl2 replaced sendmail with lines for sending mutt mail, but omitted pmail -o ~/mail/outbox, which I think is needed to send mail with Steven's mail program. I added this line but it still won't let me compose mail. The older Mutt BL2 replaced the original sendmail with pmail -o ~/Mail/_outbox. Christof should be able to fix this if someone will post the original sendmail file.

With the older mutt, I was unable to send mails with sendmail (from the mutt mail directory). I got
'reject all target addresses, abort it'
for each of five messages.
Google found this message only at one Chinese-language site (pmail?).