baslinux - Re: [BL] burning multi session CD

  • From: cce.zizkov AT volny.cz
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] burning multi session CD
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 10:42:47

Sindi, David, thanks a lot for your quick response.

On 25 Nov 05 at 14:50, keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 cce.zizkov AT volny.cz wrote:

> Please describe how you burned multi-session CDs so I can try it. I just got
> an 8X scsi external CD burner to work. (The 4X, also 1999, external one
> would also work internally but this won't, just gives lots of error meesages
> and timeouts).

i:\cdrom\mkisofs -R -o c:\temp\image.iso <directory>

> Are you trying to read with BL2 or BL3? Have you tried with a
later
> Slackware? Maybe the older mount command was not as complete. Can Linux
> read multisession CDs burned with Win98?

Win98 reads them. I had a short try with BL3: the same kernel as
BL2, same problem

> > --------------------------------
> > mount: block device /dev/cdrom is write-protected, mounting read-only
> > isofs_read_super: root inode not initialized mount: wrong fs type, bad
> > option, bad superblock on /dev/cdrom,
> > or too many mounted file systems
> > --------------------------------

Is it correct that the message

isofs_read_super: root inode not initialized

comes from the kernel whereas the messages "mount:" are issued by
the mount command?

I would like to find out whether

a) the problem is due to a lack of functionality in the DOS port of
cdrecord or

b) there is a way to make linux read those CD burnt in DOS (at worst
by upgrading to a different kernel)

Christof

Ceskobratrska cirkev evangelicka - Betlemska kaple na Zizkove
Prokopova 4/216, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic
Tel. (+420) 222 78 06 73 / 222 78 20 02 / 603 18 87 53
http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov