baslinux - Re: [BL] burning multi session CD

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: cce.zizkov AT volny.cz, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] burning multi session CD
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 14:50:14 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 cce.zizkov AT volny.cz wrote:

Hi list,

Is there anybody on this list who has got experience with burning
multi session data CDROM? After heaving read quite a bit of
documentation I was able to burn them on my Linux 2.2.16 (BL2)
system. Then I found the DOS port and after having spent quite a lot
of time with trial and error I was even able to burn multi session
disks in DOS (version 7.10/W98SE). BUT: The Linux system does not
mount them.

Please describe how you burned multi-session CDs so I can try it. I just got an 8X scsi external CD burner to work. (The 4X, also 1999, external one would also work internally but this won't, just gives lots of error meesages and timeouts).

Are you trying to read with BL2 or BL3? Have you tried with a later Slackware? Maybe the older mount command was not as complete. Can Linux read multisession CDs burned with Win98?

The software (cdrecord 2.01) and command lines are identical. The
multi session disks created in Linux can be read everywere. The CDs
burnt in in DOS can be read under DOS and under Windows98. The error
message of the mount command in Linux is:

mount: block device /dev/cdrom is write-protected, mounting read-only
isofs_read_super: root inode not initialized
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/cdrom,
or too many mounted file systems

Christof Lange