baslinux - Re: [BL] New kernel for BL3

  • From: "Sheldon Isaac" <SheldonIsaac AT MyRealBox.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] New kernel for BL3
  • Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 10:33:49 -0500

> Index of /pub/linux/distributions/baslinux/add-ons/2_2_26
>
> Name Last modified Size
> Description
>
> Parent Directory -
> modules/ 11-Nov-2005 01:11 -
> config.4dx 11-Nov-2005 23:59 9.3K
> zimage 11-Nov-2005 01:02 448K
> zimage.4dx 11-Nov-2005 14:08 432K
> zimage.p1 11-Nov-2005 14:11 421K
> zimage.p2 11-Nov-2005 14:14 421K

Hi, just a user, don't know about config files, compiling, etc

What should I use on my ASUS p5a motherboard (super socket 7), which has an
AMD K6-2-450 processor?

So far all I did was get the first of the new kernels, ie the

"zimage 11-Nov-2005 01:02 448K"

and put it in C:\BASLIN.

When I boot that with loadlin, it gets me to a command shell just fine.

Then I say startx , and it can't find X or xinit or some such.

Thanks,
Sheldon