baslinux - Re: [BL] New kernel for BL3

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: info AT freedomnet.org.uk, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] New kernel for BL3
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 21:51:42 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005, Ian wrote:

I don't know of any 386 or 486 computers that do USB, so perhaps the
posted kernel could be left as-is for 386, and another one compiled for P1
that will work with usb-storage (experimental).

If any do PCI, then there are USB adapter cards available.

I forgot about that. We actually have three of these adapter cards.
One of them worked, once, in DOS (camera), but not at all in Win98 (mouse or keyboard), on a PI with USB header. We tried disabling USB in CMOS.
We should try with Slackware 9.1 some time.

But we recycled all our desktop 386s and 486s a while back.

If I manage to compile an experimental USB kernel, does anyone want it for other than P1 or P2?

Bye now,
Ian.