baslinux - Re: [BL] Wordstar under dosemu

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne AT earthlink.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Wordstar under dosemu
  • Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 08:19:53 +1000

Hi Folks,

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 02:43:56 +0000 (UTC)
sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

> Under plain dosemu:
> My partner's editor works except for an occasional feature.
> It is tiny (4K) but does line wrap correctly.
>
> The freedos edit program works except line wrap does not progress to
> the next line, it goes back to the beginning of the same line.
>
> DR-DOS edit, breeze, and pcword are not usable because the background is
> tiled with box character and a lot of other characters come out
> incorrectly as upper ascii. I am using a Tseng card with Xvesa, which
> might be part of the problem.

Breeze works for me under plain dosemu. Have you tried invoking dosemu
with the " -V " switch ?
This turns on VGA graphics and fixes the high ASCII characters on my machine.

> There is a standalone DOS spell checker Turbo Lightning which I have not
> yet tried.
>
> Has anyone else tried a DOS text editor other than the one that comes with
> freedos under plain dosemu?

I have found PEDIT is good in plain dosemu, and it has a built-in spell
checker with a user-generated dictionary as well.

Regards,
Ron

--
Ron Clarke