baslinux - Re: [BL] Abiword in Bl2 was Re: dosemu? wp51?

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Abiword in Bl2 was Re: dosemu? wp51?
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 22:31:23 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

Steven, can you tell me how to use include or exclude to get
the PCMCIA ethernet card working in the desktop computer?

That's covered in the PCMCIA-HOWTO.

I know but I cannot make any sense of this so I asked for help. I can't understand most of what is in man pages.

I will try the card in a laptop computer with BL3 then find a way to get BL3 to the ext2 partition in the desktop computer via zip drive. The regular ethernet card would not work between that and another computer, and BL3 loop won't work on that computer or one just like it (I get an error message about major number 7).

Maybe I did not copy the files from BL3 to BL2 quite right (modules and scripts), but I suspect it is something to do with the hardware's use of io and memory that is conflicting with the pcmcia slot or ethernet card.

I posted all the info in two other emails recently (Ethernet....).