baslinux - Re: [BL] MPlayer

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne AT earthlink.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MPlayer
  • Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 08:51:19 +1000

Hi Folks,

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 15:03:15 +0000 (UTC)
sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 30 Apr 2005, Stephen Clement wrote:
>
> > sindi keesan wrote:
> >
> >> I downloaded and installpkg'ed mplayer in BL2. ld-lidux complained
> >> about
> >> finding two versions of libtiff in /usr/lib (so I moved the libc one
> >> out).
> >>
> >> I tried it on a .wav and a .mp3 and both times was told:
> >>
> >> SDL: Unable to open audio. No available audio device.
> >>
> >> I have play (sox) and mpg123 working, having made /dev/dsp and
> >> /dev/audio
> >> devices and insmodded the required sound modules for sb16. Is this
> >> OSS
> >> sound?
> >>
> >> Ron, did you install mplayer to basiclinux and if so, what else did you
> >> need to add first to get SDL sound working?

My previous email on mplayer referred to the first binary (mplayer.bz2).

The latest binary (mplayer.tgz) does NOT work on my system. It doesn't
play any sound files (I can see the visual stuff but no sound comes through)
and I have failed to get it to play any video files.
Permissions are set exactly as for the first binary.

Fortunately, I kept the first one (renamed) and so I have re-installed
that.

Regards,
Ron

--