baslinux - Re: [BL] MPlayer

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MPlayer
  • Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 00:09:43 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 1 May 2005, Ron Clarke wrote:

Hi Sindi,

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 17:06:21 +0000 (UTC)
sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

I could not find it at Slackware (where I discovered that SW9.1 has a
2.5MB Xine package, plus another 1.5MB gui for it) but linuxpackages has
numerous versions for SW 9.0 9.1 10.0 and 10.1. The most recent is
1.0pre7 for SW10.1, posted April 22 2005, and is 24MB. A former list
member had an earlier version and send me a 2-page listing of
dependencies (at which point I decided to give up). Someone else has
posted a package of 45 graphical skins.

I have had Xine running in BL2 for months. It does need some extra
libraries (from SW9.1, as well as some other stuff I have forgotten), but it
does play all sorts of multimedia. You need the xine-lib and a graphic
front-end, as well as the codecs library.

I installed all the dependencies and read the doc file and typed
xine -s -a filename.mp3 or filename.wav

I got a small grey gui which seems to require a mouse to use, but clicking on the > or on play (next screen) did not do anything (no sound). play and mpg123 are working. I can get a playlist (type xine ... *.mp3 and get all the mp3 files listed).

(I think I should have started Xvesa with -2button so the mouse would copy - here goes typing by hand so expect some errors)

It autodetected oss but realtime check FAILED - realtime sync disabled
xine_init: audio thread created
input plugin found: input_dvd.so (etc)
xine_init: plugins loaded
xine open audio.wav, start pos - 0
inpud dvd: input_plugin_open >audio.wav<
demux_avi: init failed, avi_errno=0
vo exit
video_out_xshm: reset_xshm

The -s and xshm refer to using x11 for the display. Xv is default.
The -a tells it this is an audio file, I think.

What am I doing wrong, or omitting?

I hope David can get mplayer to work instead. Your lack of sound in the second mplayer sounds just like what I am getting - looks like it should be playing, no specific error messages, no sound. David, did you change anything between versions besides i686 changed to auto-detecting the cpu?

Regards,
Ron