baslinux - [BL] netpbm again

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] netpbm again
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 00:11:03 +0000 (UTC)

Isn't it possible to add something to your script to resize it before
sending it to pbmtoppa?

The maintainer of netpbm suggested a cropping program. I will try shortening the 11.69" scanned page to 11" if there is some way to crop 1 pixel at a time. I would need to make it 414 pixels shorter for US Letter size. Scanjet works in multiples of 1.52588e-05 mm instead of pixels.

-b is for -bottom or you can use -h for -height to shorten a page

pamcrop -b 6599 crops to 6600 pixels, I think (at least -b 6600 crops to 6601) but now the printer is flashing the ink light at me which implies the colored ink finally evaporated (or primed itself away) and the dratted thing won't print black unless there is colored ink in it. Does anyone know of a 600 dpi DOS inkjet printer not made by HP? Would black ink in the colored wells fool it?

scanimage --resolution 600|pamcut -b 6599|pbmtoppa > /dev/lp0

Fairly quick conversions.

Or I could instruct the scanner to use a different multiple of mm when scanning - 279.288 or .290 seems to produce 6600 pixels height, which might be a bit faster than converting.

The possibilities of netpbm are endless - mix and match.