baslinux - Re: [BL] Printing scanned files

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Printing scanned files
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 18:14:38 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "sindi keesan" <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 19:57:12 +0000 (UTC)

> I downloaded 2 MB of netpbm 10.19 source code and found not
> pbmtops.c but pbmtolps.c (line ps) and pbmtoepson.c and pbmtols.c,
> the latter two possibly capable of generating files that can be
> sent directly to epson or laserjet printers. I have to figure out
> how to use gcc directly to compile them. Can anyone tell me if any
> other libraries are needed for compiling besides glibc?

You shouldn't. It's just a command-line converter, shouldn't need any
external libraries except a libc.

> cat `pbmtolj filename.pbm' > /dev/lp1 ?

That's not a valid shell command. For printers that understand
PostScript:

pbmtolj filename.pbm >/dev/lp1

For those that don't:

pbmtolj filename.pbm | lpr

> I found also pbmtoppa, which turns pbm files into a format directly
> printable by 'Windows printers' HP 720 and 822C (which I have).

"Windows printer" is a misnomer, then, is it not, if you can print
with BL? "Non-standard printer" I'd call it.

David
once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com