baslinux - Re: [BL] Printing scanned files

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Printing scanned files
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 11:50:44 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "sindi keesan" <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>

> I don't really know how to compile in C but my partner guessed:
>
> gcc -Wall -o pbmtoepson pbmtoepson.c
>
> Undefined reference to pbm_init
> and also pm_usage pm_openr pbm_readpmb pm_close.
>
> Are these programs which I need to compile first? I could not
> search for them easily because I don't have permission to 'find' at
> sdf where I unpacked the 2MB into something very much larger.

It has dependencies which you need to build first, and then link with
the c file in question.

You'll need to download the whole tarball, and follow the instructions
to build it. Just don't install it, instead go into the pbm subdirectory
and grab the binaries. If ldd on them shows a non-libc dependency then
copy that out too.

> is 'lj' a type of postscript? I thought it was some format that laserjet
> printers understood directly. Similarly for epson. pbmtolps
> produces a form of postscript which would need to be printed using
> ghostscript.

Sorry. I confused pbmtolps with pbmtolj. Use that first command I gave:

pbmtolj filename.pbm >/dev/lp1

Of course, assuming an lj printer is on /dev/lp1.

David
once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com