baslinux - [BL] (newbie) problem booting bl3

  • From: "r pelles" <rpelles AT vcn.bc.ca>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] (newbie) problem booting bl3
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 13:37:50 -0800

hi. this is a beginner's problem, but i have decided to ask it since it hasn't been covered since i've joined the list, and i did join particularly for this problem's resolution.

i can't boot bl3 on my laptop unless i use the floppies vers...i'd prefer to use the hard drive vers. i have windows 98, 200 or so mhz, 96 mb of ram.

booting with a clean dos doesn't work. and yes i do boot in real dos mode.

is my computer too fast? vers. of dos too new? the only time it has worked for me was when i used it with bochs emulator, using either freedos or dos 6.

any info on this problem would be very helpful...

thanks