baslinux - Re: [BL] (newbie) problem booting bl3

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] (newbie) problem booting bl3
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 16:52:33 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "r pelles" <rpelles AT vcn.bc.ca>

> i can't boot bl3 on my laptop unless i use the floppies vers...i'd
> prefer to use the hard drive vers.

I'm assuming you mean the loopback version (with loadlin and fs.img).

> booting with a clean dos doesn't work. and yes i do boot in real dos mode.

Do you press F8 a bunch of times at boot to get the startup menu, and do you
select Safe Mode Command Prompt Only there?

> is my computer too fast? vers. of dos too new? the only time it has
> worked for me was when i used it with bochs emulator, using either
> freedos or dos 6.

It shouldn't be too fast: I can run BL that way on a 2.6GHz Celeron. I've also
gotten it to boot with the DOS of Windows 98, so that's not the problem
either.

> any info on this problem would be very helpful...

Can you post the last few lines of error messages, and/or detail the steps you
use to try to boot? That would help greatly in resolving this.

David
once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com