baslinux - Re: [BL] BasLinux.gz

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BasLinux.gz
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 01:49:35 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

--------------------------------
mount -o loop /hd/baslinux /tmp
--------------------------------

I don't understand the -o and loop business

It simply says to mount /hd/baslinux as a loop
device. /hd/baslinux is a file. A file cannot
be mounted directly, so it is mapped to a device.
mount does not do this mapping automatically, so
you have to use the option (-o) parameter.

-o loop means to use the option 'loop' which you need in order to mount a file instead of a partition?

Do you have a loop-type method of modifying BL3?

Can the Bl3-ramdisk version be modified using a loop?
You said it was very difficult to modify and the only way I came up with was to change the boot procedure to be like Bl2 ramdisk instead of us lilo.

Of course. Every modification to the BL3 root
filesystem (loop device) is automatically recorded
in fs.img. No special procedure is needed.