baslinux - Re: [BL] BasLinux.gz

  • From: cce.zizkov AT volny.cz
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BasLinux.gz
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 09:20:27

On 14 Dec 04 at 7:20, keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org wrote:

>Make any desired changes to what is in the ramdisk (add the modules you
>want, subtract the ones you do not, if you are using a different kernel, and
>set up the pcmcia stuff; delete anything inessential to make space)
>
>cat /dev/ram0 > /tmp/ramdisk
>
>(The entire filesystem is stored as a copy in tmp in /dev/ram1)
>
>gzip /tmp/ramdisk to produce /tmp/ramdisk.gz

Hi Sindi, Steven,

is it REALLY that simple? I am still working with a quite complicated
routine (included in the BL FAQ) to re-create baslinux.gz for BL2 and
experience a lot of mysterious problems with it.

Christof

Christof Lange <cce.zizkov AT volny.cz>
Prokopova 4, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic
phone: (+420) 222 78 06 73 / 222 78 20 02 / 603 18 87 53
http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov