baslinux - Re: [BL] Wireless in BL2 (actually it's more about kernels and such, but whatever)

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Wireless in BL2 (actually it's more about kernels and such, but whatever)
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 03:58:04 +0000 (UTC)

It sounds like doing this manually would be easier than learning how to make a boot/root disk. So I would load the first disk, Ctrl-C, copy links and the modules from a loop or full 2-floppy BL3 to a DOS floppy disk, delete what I don't want from the files that got into the first ramdisk, umount /usr/X11R6, copy over links and the needed modules, then try running BL3 with links in the computer with 8MB RAM.

It ought to work at least as well as running Bl3 from loop in a 386 with 5MB RAM, apart from having less 'disk' space.