baslinux - Re: Death of a computer? was Re: [BL] More fun with Xvesa and trident card

  • From: Hal MacArgle <halinux AT kvinet.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Death of a computer? was Re: [BL] More fun with Xvesa and trident card
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 11:54:13 -0400

On 10-30, sindi keesan wrote:
> The 'Not a kernel image' problem appears to be motherboard specific but
> also intermittent. It occurs in both BL3 and BL2.
>
> But Hal has one computer with the same problem using various standard
> linuxes. Also it is intermittent. I will live with it for a while.

Now two computers with the same loadlin problem, both
Slackware 9.0 and K6's... The older 486DX2-66, Slackware 7.1, never a
problem; FreeDos, but same version FreeDos on former two - no soap
with it or DRDos7.03 or MSDos6.2.. Only booting with Win9X works.

Hal - in Terra Alta, WV - Slackware GNU/Linux 9.0 (2.4.20-1)
.