baslinux - Re: Death of a computer? was Re: [BL] More fun with Xvesa and trident card

  • From: Andrew <ald2 AT arrakis.es>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Death of a computer? was Re: [BL] More fun with Xvesa and trident card
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 09:50:58 +0200

sindi keesan wrote:

Last time I tried to run startx with the xmodmap .xinitrc I had to go into Bl3 and run e2fsck on BL2, again, for the same set of error messages produced by linux unzip:
Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer.....

While in Bl3 I mounted the Cd-ROM drive and then tried to unmount it and got the same Unable to handle kernel Null pointer dereference at virtual address 0000.

Does anyone else have experience with a desktop pentium that gets these odds sorts of errors with Bl2 and Bl3?

Sindi,
I have had similar errors with all kinds of linux systems. The culprit was always the RAM.
Andrew