baslinux - Re: [BL] startx problem

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: gtoc-5asc AT dea.spamcon.org
  • Cc: BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] startx problem
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 06:07:41 +1300

Mark Glassberg wrote:

> I installed bl3-31.zip on a Toshiba T2130CT.

I'm running BasicLinux on a Toshiba T2100 so yours
should work fine.

> All went well until I tried to start X.
> Interrupt pointer doesn't point at ROM
> Interrupt pointer doesn't point at ROM
> Interrupt pointer doesn't point at ROM
> Interrupt pointer doesn't point at ROM

This is a common problem (that's why it is mentioned
in README.TXT). Xvesa is clashing with something
started by your version of DOS (for example, some
versions of HIMEM.SYS clash). The solution is to
start your DOS bare (no CONFIG.SYS, no AUTOEXEC.BAT,
no Windows). If that works, you can use trial and
error to figure out what is clashing and replace
it with a different version (or leave it out
permanently). Alternatively, you could use LILO
to boot (instead of DOS), but that's a bit more
complicated.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru