baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 applications

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 applications
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 10:05:21 +1300

Jeff M. wrote:

> I have a question about the MagicPoint. How do I use it?

You use an editor to create your presentation (eg demo.mgp).
Then execute mgp (from an xterm) to display that presentation:
------------
mgp demo.mgp
------------

> The installation that comes with bl seems more like a
> demo to me than anything.

/usr/share/mgp/demo.mgp is included as an example of how
to set up a presentation. It shows you many common commands
in action. To do your first presentation, you can simply
edit demo.mgp to change the text, etc.

> What commands will get me started?

All the commands are described in:
-------------- -------
man MagicPoint or man mgp

> Or do I have to install an actual package to use it?

No, everything you need is already in BL3.

> And to answer the question below: How about a simple
> checkbook balancing app maybe?

I have never used a checkbook balancing program, but I
assume it is similar to a spreadsheet?

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru