baslinux - Re: [BL] More room

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] More room
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 17:26:31 +1200

sindi keesan wrote:

> I think Steven said previous versions would not work at all
> with Abiword.

I tried AbiWord with earlier versions of BL3 without success.
It works fine with 3.31.

> And he also thought people would not be installing Abiword
> to the loop version

No, AbiWord works fine on the loop (fs.img) version of 3.31.
It's even got room for some other add-ons. I'm currently
running AbiWord and Sylpheed on the same fs.img.

> Icewm is something that goes on top of Xvesa, not a
> replacement.

icewm is a replacement for swm. It is highly recommended,
especially for people wanting to run AbiWord or Sylpheed.
However, don't install it on BL 3.3 yet. It fouls the
new xinitrc in BL 3.3. A new icewm package will be up
soon.

> The locale complaints are somehow related to Xvesa and
> I also get them with Opera. I forget if Steven said Abiword
> was supposed to work despite the locale problem.

AbiWord works fine. The locale warning is not fatal.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru