baslinux - Re: [BL] Mouse in BL3

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Mouse in BL3
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 17:08:40 +0000 (UTC)

Does BL (2 or 3) support USB?

I had problems with two PS2 mice that worked in DOS but not linux.
One of them worked in SVGAlib but not X, the other in neither.

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Sheldon Isaac wrote:

Hi, sorry to bother you - I did search the archives.

Mouse pointer appears in the middle of the screen after I say

startx

Icewm is running, and I can access the menu with Ctrl-Esc

But moving the mouse doesn't move the pointer, nor does clicking any
buttons do anything.

It's an "Inland" optical mouse, USB connector, works fine in MS Windows.

There are the usual left and right buttons, a middle one which is also a
wheel for scrolling, and two extra buttons on the side, don't know
anything about them.

Can someone help get this working in BL3.31?

Thanks,

Sheldon Isaac