baslinux - Re: [BL] Trouble with HD install of BL2

  • From: Andy Ashbaugh <andy AT andyashbaugh.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: lr1v-8qbv AT dea.spamcon.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Trouble with HD install of BL2
  • Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2004 11:42:22 -0500

Steven:
To answer your questions in this e-mail:
1) ppsetup gives me the standard four-choice text menu and I appear to be able to alter or load the settings.
2) dmesg does not indicate any problems.
3) mount displays all the mounted drive as rw.

I think I will try rebooting with the DOS partion as bootable. Maybe that will make this work better.

Andy

P.S. -- On the good news side, dmesg does indicate that the OS recognizes my CD-ROM as hdc now. I either hadn't noticed that or it wasn't the case before.

3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

Andy Ashbaugh wrote:

seems to indicate that the script isn't executing at all.

You execute go and nothing happens? No error message?
That is weird.
Are other scripts working? Like this one:
--------
pppsetup
--------

Have you seen any other error messages at any time?
Are there any problems indicated in:
-----
dmesg
-----

Is the filesystem writeable? What does this show:
-----
mount
-----
It should be rw not ro.

I assume you are booting from floppies? Are they working smoothly
or is there any sign of floppy faults?

There are a zillon things that could be wrong, but it's hard to
think of one that would cause your problem.