baslinux - Re: [BL] Trouble with HD install of BL2

  • From: Andy Ashbaugh <andy AT andyashbaugh.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Trouble with HD install of BL2
  • Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 20:55:04 -0500

Steven:
The screen does not clear, which seems to indicate that the script isn't executing at all. I will, however, try your script modification below. Thanks!

Andy

3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

andy AT andyashbaugh.com wrote:

Nothing seems to happen when I run /usr/lib/setup/go, I just get returned to the command line.

Does it clear the screen first?
The first command in the go script is:
-----
clear
-----

Strange!

Indeed. However, I do remember one previous user had a problem with the:
-------------
cat<<!
[text]
!
-------------
For some unknown reason his system refused to display the text.
Perhaps you have a similar problem. I suggest you edit go and
remove that section. It will then look like this:
#!/bin/sh
clear
echo -n "Are you ready to start the installation? "
read case $REPLY in n|no)
exit
esac
echo